Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Living Up To The Standard



I find the reality of eternity so exciting that I look forward eagerly to experiencing the possibility of living forever...and ever...no sickness, no fear of pain, no tragedy of any kind...what a lovely place it would be when it's spent on the right side.

On the other hand, I cringe at the thought of missing it due to some avoidable carelessness. Little things that we often take for granted. Fornication, stealing, murder, and the likes of them are considered "BIG" sins. What about malice, lack of transparency, partial obedience to instructions, hypocrisy and other cheap "negligible" compromises that makes one fall short of the standard of heaven.

And He would not lower His standards to accommodate anyone. That's why many committed christians would lose out.
Oh God, please help me. Help me live my life one day at a time. And to take heed to my thoughts and actions; to put you first in my dealings and be careful to consider how you view my ways before I proceed to tread, lest I fall prey to those presumptious sins.

Help me oh God. You sent me here. Grant me the grace to return to you with a clean slate. Thank you for making me a son

No comments:

Post a Comment